Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Frangi Pangi: Get To Know Jocelyn Maminta

It is hard to believe that I am finally posting the first part of the Frangi Pangi interview! I have been so distracted lately.

We have some basic questions and answers, today. I will try to save the best material for later. That means her answers might seem to be out of order.

Here is some social media contact information.

Read the remainder of the blog post, for the interview. Be sure to check out the other interview questions, by clicking interviews, which can also be found in the right column, under Popular Topics.

Hey, enthusiasts! When I discovered that there was a wide range of skin colour hosiery, I knew right then and there, that we had to interview the inspirational creator of the brand and style: Jocelyn Maminta! Most of us are from different parts of the world, so we have not heard of her. She is a news reporter from WTNH. We had a chance to chat over the phone, and I can say that she sounds like a very nice person. I would hate for you to miss out on the experience of her voice, so I found a couple of videos of her for you.

Let's get to those questions!

If you could only choose 1 brand and style, to wear for the rest of your life, then what would you choose? Imagine that everything is the same price, and that there is a wide variety of colours in all styles.

I'd still choose Frangi Pangi. It's made in the USA, has my skin tone, comfy and flattering to my leg and lasts longer than other lines. It also benefits Caroline's Room - a safe haven for families dealing with the uncertainties of having a premature baby. These are rooms in neonatal intensive care units in hospitals across the country..

What opaque pair would you choose? Same scenario as above.

I don't wear opaques - the closest would be black leggings which I sometimes wear in the winter. I don't wear a particular brand.

What sheer pair would you choose? Same scenario as above.

I'd still choose Frangi Pangi's Caramella. It matches my skin perfectly. Let me share this story. It was cold day and I had just walked back into the newsroom and a colleague asked me if I was cold. I said no and asked why? She thought I was bare leg. She promptly ordered the Frangi Pangi color that best matched her.

What is your favourite hosiery colour?

It is Caramella because it is the best sheer look for me.

Do you prefer sheers or opaques?

I prefer ultra sheers -- I like to show off my legs.

Do you prefer matte or shimmery?

I prefer matte. But shimmery is okay too.

Do you continue to wear hosiery that has a small snag, ladder or run, or do you stop wearing it at the slightest imperfection?

If it can't be seen, I continue to wear it.

Is it ever too cold for you to wear hosiery and a skirt?

No -- it's never too cold.

Is it ever too hot for you to wear hosiery and a skirt?

Yes, when it's hot and humid. But if it's a dressy occasion, I would probably still wear hosiery. It just completes the look.

Do you ever wear hosiery and shorts?

I don't but you could, if it's a dressy look.

For your own personal fashion, who and/or what do you draw inspiration from?

I like simple but elegant styles -- similar to Kate Middleton and Jackie Kennedy.

Thanks for answering, Jocelyn! Everybody, come back next week, for the second part of the interview.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment